Nowadays the Indian Goa is becoming more and more popular destination for tourists from Kazakhstan. Due to money-saving offer from Silk Tour, vacation in Goa is a great alternative to Thailand or Turkey. But before relaxing and forgetting about everything on a beach, it is worth remembering some peculiarities of behavior in this exotic nook of the world. Every year dozens of thousand people visit Goa and have a lot of fun, swim, lie in the sun and enjoy the life, and almost everybody come back healthy and refreshed.
- A lot of travelers become vegetarians in India. But the main point is that food should be freshly cooked and heat-treated (boiled, fried, stewed). Cross out for a while from your diet salads, fresh milk, meat, fruit which are difficult to wash.
- Drink no less than 2 bottles by 5 liters of water a day in winter time, and 4 bottles – in hot season to avoid dehydration. Drink only mineral bottled water, boiled drinks (tea, coffee), refreshing drinks from plants (Pepsi – Cola – Fanta). Do not drink urban water and street refreshing drinks.
- India is not a country to visit which it is necessary to get vaccination. Nevertheless, you can do them if you are going to stay there for a long time. In fact, a myth about “dirty and contagious” India is too exaggerated. But it will be helpful to follow strict hygienic rules during your trip.
- During water tide a heavy tide wave can be observed, so do not swim for long distances in the evening. Vey heavy seasonal currents happen in Goa. From July till September you should be more careful in the water, do not swim far from the shore.
- Water element traditionally awakes fear among many Indians, and even some Goan fishers cannot swim. In case of problems while swimming in India, it is better to rely only on yourselves. By the very reason, the locals can happen not to know something about beaches, water, water dangers, currents and swimming.
- Here you can meet jellyfish, sow bugs, snakes, some species of poisonous fish, skates, eels. Though they are not deathful and can be met seldom, but their bites are very undesired for people with hypersensitivity or allergy. That is why, please, be careful while swimming on wild remote beaches; pay attention to what surrounds you in the water. Never touch unknown sea creatures – fish, jellyfish, insects, etc. If there is no special need, do not go to coppice or bushes, especially during rain seasons. Mind your step while walking in the forest. Do not touch any local animals – dogs, monkeys, live-stock.
- Carefully cleanse wounds, bites, scratches received on the beach or in the water.
- If you like diving with open eyes, use goggles or snorkel.
- Do not lie on bare sand, lie on a towel, and do not go barefoot on the beach.
- In case of serious problems and life hazard, do not waste your time on calling the Indian ambulance or looking for a local doctor – take any vehicle and go straight to the nearest hospital where you will be given qualified aid.
- Also, if you decided to go to Goa, remember that foreign currency import and export in India is not limited, and export of national currency is forbidden. It is obligatory to declare cash money in amount more than $10.000 USA. You are not allowed to export from the country any hides of wild animals, feathers of birds, skins and leather items made from rare reptiles and ivory. It is also forbidden to export from India alive plants, gold and silver in bars, antiquity items created more than 100 years ago. If you want to take some jewelry from India, you must provide a certificate which should be given the seller when you buy jewelry. However, if you are wearing some jewelry or it is packed in your luggage, nobody pays attention or requests a certificate.
- The other instructions are the same as for other travelling destination: watch your belongings, valuable things and documents, do not attend unknown places at night by yourselves, and remember that alcohol and overheating in the water is dangerous, do not swim near cliffs, do not lose sight of your children on the beach, etc.
In general, the Indians are welcoming and friendly people, that is why being respectful towards the Indian traditions and culture, you can experience a plenty of good emotions from communication with them. Remain positive and follow the tips, enjoy the sea and nature without undesirable adventures!